Foxford is a small picturesque tourist town in County Mayo.
It is known worldwide to all fishermen and anglers alike!
Adjacent to one of the best known salmon fishing rivers in
Larrys cottage is available to rent for groups of people who
For salmon and trout fishing there are private and Association
water to fish in locally and in the town. Arrangement can
be made for people who want to go fishing for Wild Brown Trout,
Salmon, Pike and Perch at Loughs Conn, Cullen, Derryhick and
Levally which are all 6 km away from Foxford.
There are several Championship Golf Courses and Links within
a 640 mile radius of Foxford cottages for those who
enjoy a game of golf.
- Ballina - 18 hole parkland course close to Ballina
- Enniscrone - 18 Hole Links Course, located 10km
- Carne (Belmullet) - Mayo's premier links course
just 2.5 km from Belmullet
- Castlebar - 18 hole parkland course
- Swinford - 9 hole parkland course
- The award winning Foxford Woollen Mills & Visitor
Centre - one of Irelands premier tourist attractions
- Pottery & Craft Shops
- Pubs with traditional Irish music
- Hill Walking - The Foxford Way (an 86km marked trail)
- National Museum of Country Life - 10 minutes drive
- Learn to Paint & Cook closeby in Pontoon
- Hennigans Heritage Centre